Hummus is a saucy dip of Middle Eastern origin, made from mashed chickpeas blended with tahini, a powder consisting of roasted, ground sesame, lemon juice, and a bit of garlic. This yummy dip is not just healthy, but a tasty concoction that goes well with sandwiches, salads, pita bread, etc. Written below is its recipe. Give it a try.
- A bowl of Garni Kabuli Chana
- Tahini made from a bowl of roasted and ground sesame seeds
- Two lemons (juiced)
- 1 tsp cut garlic
- 1 and a ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Garni Jeera Sabut
- Garni Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- A pinch of salt, or more, if required
- Soak the bowl of chickpeas overnight. Next morning, strain the chickpeas and boil them in a cooker filled with water, up to two whistles. Keep the water, known as aquafaba, for later
- Take a bowl of sesame seeds and roast them lightly in a pan. Then, put the roasted seeds in a mixer and thoroughly grind them. Add a cup of olive oil to turn the ground sesame seeds into creamy tahini
- Peel the shell off the chickpeas and put them in a mixer. Add the lemon juice, the tahini, 1 tsp Garni Jeera Sabut, a pinch of salt, and 1 tsp peeled and mashed garlic
- Begin grinding, and slowly add the aquafaba in-between.
- Upon getting a creamy texture with the hummus, place it on a plate. Use a spoon to create a swirling pattern on the dip, and add some olive oil on top of it. Lastly, garnish it with coriander and Garni Kashmiri Red Chilli. You can also add some boiled chickpeas, if you wan.
- Your hummus is ready now!